Screen Producers Australia (SPA) today announced the first finalists in the 20th Screen Producers Australia Awards. The Awards, capturing the work from an extended, two-year period due to COVID-19, celebrate outstanding Australian screen productions and honour the skill, accomplishment, and imagination of Australia’s world class production businesses.
SPA is proud to recognise a number of its members across 12 categories of film, television and online productions. Finalists in the categories Animated Series Production of the Year, Children's Series Production of the Year and Online Series Production of the Year are now open for voting by the SPA members, with the production receiving the highest number of votes declared the award recipient. A new round of finalists will be announced and open for voting each fortnight, giving SPA members the time and opportunity to view each of the finalist’s works before voting.
"Year on year local and international audiences get to enjoy an incredibly diverse and exciting array of content from independent Australian production companies. We are extremely impressed with the quality of content coming from our members who have set the bar incredibly high," said SPA CEO, Matthew Deaner.
"I want to personally congratulate each of our members who entered the Awards this year and look forward to celebrating your achievements at SCREEN FOREVER in March 2022."
The first three categories of finalists are:
Animated Series Production of the Year
- Kangaroo Beach - Cheeky Little Media
- LEGO: Monkie Kid - Flying Bark Productions
- Space Nova - SLR Productions
- The Strange Chores - Media World Pictures & Ludo Studio
- YOLO Crystal Fantasy – Princess Pictures
Children's Series Production of the Year
- 100% Wolf: Legend of the Moonstone - Flying Bark Productions
- Are You Tougher Than Your Ancestors? - Sticky Pictures & Flying Kite Pictures
- Bluey (Season 2) - Ludo Studio
- First Day - Epic Films
- Hardball (Series 2) - Northern Pictures
- ITCH - Komixx Entertainment
- The New Legends of Monkey - See-Saw Films
Online Series Production of the Year
- All My Friends Are Racist - Maximo Entertainment & Hoodlum Productions
- Grey Nomads - 4Storey Productions
- Halal Gurls - In-Between Pictures
- Hug the Sun - Haven't You Done Well Productions
- Phenomena - Mashup Pictures
- Scattered - Passionfruit Bites
- The Tailings - The Two Jons
- Youth On Strike! - Mashup Pictures
Further finalists will be announced in the coming weeks.
Open for voting 12 October – 25 October
- Comedy Program or Series Production of the Year
- Light Entertainment Series Production of the Year
- Reality Series Production of the Year
Open for voting 26 October – 08 November
- Documentary Program or Series Production of the Year
- Feature Documentary Production of the Year
Open for voting 09 November – 22 November
- Drama Series Production of the Year
- Feature Film Production of the Year
- Telemovie or Mini Series Production of the Year
Open for voting 23 November – 20 December
- Short Film Production of the Year
The Award recipients will be revealed at the prestigious 20th Screen Producers Australia Awards ceremony which takes place at the The Star Event Centre Gold Coast on Wednesday, 30 March 2022.
We acknowledge and pay respects to the Yugambeh people of the Gold Coast and all their descendants both past and present. We also acknowledge the many Aboriginal people from other regions as well as Torres Strait and South Sea Islander people who now live in the local area and have made an important contribution to the community.
Design by Colour Taste