Today Screen Producers Australia (SPA) announced the third round of finalists for two more categories in the 20th Screen Producers Australia Awards. The Awards celebrate content produced from an extended, two-year period due to COVID-19, and champion outstanding Australian screen productions, showcasing the skill, imagination and innovative thinking of Australia’s world class production businesses.
Finalists in the categories Documentary Program or Series Production of the Year and Feature Documentary Production of the Year are now open for voting by the SPA members, with the production receiving the highest number of votes declared the award recipient.
“Over the past 18 months documentary productions from our members have been a real talking point for many Australians, with many turning to the genre to learn more about Australian culture, history and current affairs. We at SPA are extremely proud of the thought-provoking content coming from our documentary producers, and the dialogue these important stories encourage,” said SPA CEO, Matthew Deaner.
“I congratulate each of our members who are finalists in the categories open for voting today and look forward to celebrating your achievements at SCREEN FOREVER in March 2022.”
The two categories of finalists announced today are:
Open for voting 26 October – 08 November
Documentary Program or Series Production of the Year
- Back to Nature - Media Stockade & Threshold Pictures
- Family Rules (Season 3) – Metamorflix & Karla Hart Enterprises
- Finding The Archibald - Mint Pictures
- Head Above Water - McAvoy Media
- Lindy Chamberlain: The True Story – Easy Tiger
- Old People’s Home for 4 Year Olds (Season 2) - Endemol Shine Australia
- Outback Truckers - Prospero Productions
- REVELATION - In Films
- See What You Made Me Do - Northern Pictures
- Shaun Micallef’s On The Sauce – CJZ
- West Gate Bridge Disaster: The Untold Stories - Ocean View Entertainment
Feature Documentary Production of the Year
- Brock: Over The Top - WildBear Entertainment
- Firestarter - The Story of Bangarra - In Films
- FREEMAN - Matchbox Pictures & General Strike
- Hating Peter Tatchell - WildBear Entertainment
- Laura’s Choice - Factor 30 Films
- Playing With Sharks: The Valerie Taylor Story - WildBear Entertainment
- The Witch of Kings Cross - Black Jelly Films
A new round of finalists will be announced and open for voting each fortnight, giving SPA members the time and opportunity to view each of the finalist’s works before voting. The remaining voting categories are:
Open for voting 09 November – 22 November
- Drama Series Production of the Year
- Feature Film Production of the Year
- Telemovie or Mini Series Production of the Year
Open for voting 23 November – 20 December
- Short Film Production of the Year
The Award recipients will be revealed at the prestigious 20th Screen Producers Australia Awards ceremony which takes place at the The Star Event Centre Gold Coast on Wednesday, 30 March 2022.
We acknowledge and pay respects to the Yugambeh people of the Gold Coast and all their descendants both past and present. We also acknowledge the many Aboriginal people from other regions as well as Torres Strait and South Sea Islander people who now live in the local area and have made an important contribution to the community.
Design by Colour Taste