As Head of Scripted at the ABC, Rachel Okine oversees the Australian national broadcaster’s scripted Drama and Comedy slates. After starting her career over 20 years ago in acquisitions at FilmFour, Rachel Okine was the first employee of Hopscotch, later becoming the Acquisitions Executive for eOne ANZ and Head of Development for Hopscotch Features. Rachel moved back to Europe in 2015 to become Paris-based VP of International Production and Acquisitions for Studiocanal and was subsequently appointed VP of International Acquisitions for STX. Returning to Australia in 2020, Rachel was appointed Managing Director of Academy Award-nominated production company Aquarius Films to strategically lead its film and TV operations. Rachel joined Australian streaming service Stan in 2021 as Senior Commissioning Editor, overseeing a slate of scripted drama and comedy, feature films and feature documentaries.
What we're looking for from Ready, Steady, Pitch!
- Crime/Thriller/Mystery in all its many facets, which continues to be a main driver of audience engagement on iview and the linear schedule – e.g. Bay of Fires, Mystery Road.
- Twisty, complicated character studies in high stakes environments/halls of power – e.g. The Newsreader, House of Gods, Total Control.
- Explosive ‘what if’ scenarios that can dominate the public discourse – e.g. The Slap, After The Party.
- Cosy, comforting, feelgood viewing that you can escape into – e.g. Ladies In Black
- Broad, multi-generational family or workplace comedies – e.g. Utopia, Fisk, Mother and Son
- Edgier, Gen-X targeted comedies where we can take more of a risk at a lower price point – e.g. White Fever, In Limbo.
SCREEN FOREVER is proudly supported by the Queensland Government, through Screen Queensland.
Screen Producers Australia respectfully acknowledges the people of the Yugambeh language region, the traditional owners of the lands on which we met. We thank the traditional custodians for welcoming us all onto their lands.
We acknowledge and pay respects to them and all their descendants both past and present. We also acknowledge the many Aboriginal people from other regions as well as Torres Strait and South Sea Islander people who now live in the local area and have made an important contribution to the community.